[asterisk-users] Notification when on the phone

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu May 28 12:10:11 CDT 2020

>>> But if you've already got the caller on the phone, then you might consider the CONNECTEDLINE function in Asterisk...

And that we don't.

It's the third party that would like the notification the the destination phone is currently busy with another call.  CONNECTEDLINE only functions after a channel has been answered. I was successful with using CONNECTEDLINE when issuing an Answer() first, but it added delay and the displayed message didn't show for very long.

And, with the Polycom phones setup with multi-line, a call never rings busy unless the user press the DND (Do not disturb) button.

Doug