[asterisk-users] I can do alaw, ulaw and gsm; remote can do g729 and alaw; asterisk wants to translate g729 -> alaw. WHY?

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Thu May 14 09:08:48 CDT 2020

Hi John,

Maybe a newer version of Asterisk would help? The latest release for 13 is version 13.33. The version you are on was released 3 years ago.

Here is an issue which looks like what you describe and was fixed in 13.16
[ https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26143 | https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26143 ]

Not sure if this is the answer to your problem but thought that I would throw that out there.

Michael L. Young

(elguero)