[asterisk-users] Max calls per box

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Wed Mar 18 19:49:28 CDT 2020

Hi,

We have a requirement to build a cluster that can handle 30k calls. The
system is going to play one of 15,000 sound files. In the past we had no
issue with Asterisk doing a few hundred calls. When we went above that
Asterisk melted (this is going back quite a few years). FreeSwitch ended up
doing the trick. Does anyone have experience with recent versions of
Asterisk and if it's capable of handling 2k calls per box where it has to
play one of 15k files? I know that hardware plays a factor but we know we
can throw more cores at it.

TIA.

Regards,

Dovid