[asterisk-users] pjsip: how to survive rejected registrations?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Tue Mar 17 08:47:13 CDT 2020

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:29 AM IanG <ian.gilmour.x at gmail.com> wrote:

> From:
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Configuration_res_pjsip_outbound_registration#Asterisk16Configuration_res_pjsip_outbound_registration-registration_max_retries
> max_retries
>
> This sets the maximum number of registration attempts that are made before
> stopping any further attempts.
> * If set to 0 then upon failure no further attempts are made.*

The best option is to set this to a sufficient value that covers your
situation. It doesn't currently allow infinite to stop situations where an
upstream ITSP would be continually hit with traffic. Giving it some thought
I think there's at least one area where it may possibly be improved, which
is for timeouts/no responses. In that case you probably haven't hit a
remote server so continued attempts would seem fine.

I'd need more information on this particular case to know whether that
would have resolved it though.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead