[asterisk-users] Asterisk Getting Crashed

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Thu Jun 25 16:33:51 CDT 2020

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 4:12 PM Ahmed Chohan <ahmedmunir007 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently I'm experiencing crashes on Asterisk more recently, see messages
> below (crashed reason: segfault signal 6).
>
> abrt-hook-ccpp[19864]: Process 7082 (asterisk) of user 0 killed by SIGABRT
> - dumping core
>
> asterisk: ERROR[15373][C-0004e304]: astobj2.c:131 in INTERNAL_OBJ: FRACK!,
> Failed assertion bad magic number 0x0 for object 0x7fbd2c
>
> 00d170 (0)
>
> After running the backtrace for the coredump, I'm unable to pinpoint the
> root cause of it (see partial messages for the backtrace below).
> Furthermore, I've checked in the forums and advised the "utils.so" module
> issue but I don't think it might be causing this crash.
>
> [root at alpha01 ccpp-2020-06-25-10-46-01-7082]# gdb /usr/sbin/asterisk
> coredump
>
> GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6.1-119.el7

> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
> http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
>
> and "show warranty" for details.
>
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
>
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
>
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
>
> Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/asterisk...done.
>
> [New LWP 15373]
>
> [New LWP 15800]
>
> [New LWP 16125]
>
> [New LWP 15829]
>
> [New LWP 16486]
>
> ..
>
> Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/asterisk -f -vvvg -c'.
>
> Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
>
> #0  0x00007fbe7a65f337 in ?? ()
>
> (gdb) bt full
>
> #0  0x00007fbe7a65f337 in ?? ()
>
> No symbol table info available.
>
> #1  0x00007fbe7a660a28 in ?? ()
>
> No symbol table info available.
>
> #2  0x0000000000000020 in ?? ()
>
> No symbol table info available.
>
> #3  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
>
> No symbol table info available.
>

> OS I'm running is CentOs 7.7.1908 and the Asterisk version is 13.21-cert3.
> Please advise.

Unfortunately debug symbols were not enabled on your system so the
backtrace doesn't have any extractable information. Please see the wiki [3]
on how to get a useful backtrace.

Before that though I recommend upgrading to the latest version of Asterisk
[1]. Or if you're set on using a certified version [3]. The version you are
on is quite old, and there is a decent chance the problem you are
experiencing has been fixed.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace
[2] https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
[3] https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/certified-asterisk/