[asterisk-users] Any api (agi/ari/ami) equivalent of "core show calls"?

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Tue Jun 16 01:06:15 CDT 2020

On 6/14/20 4:52 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Monday 15 June 2020 at 00:41:14, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
>
>> Way back in the mists of time, I built my asterisk installation with SNMP
>> support.
> Heh... I never even knew that was possible :)
>
>> That said, I actually prefer ARA/ARI to flat file configuration of endpoints
>> and dialplans.  Changes are more or less instantaneous and easily shared
>> between instances.
> Agreed - ARA is a great system, and I really like that it can be combined with
> flatfile configs on a single server.
>
>> The ODBC way is a pain, so I tend to just use the native MySQL method
> Oh?
>
> What makes you say ODBC is a pain?  I have two files (/etc/odbc.ini and
> /etc/idbcinst.ini, which are 8 lines and 3 lines in size respectively) and I
> had to install one file /usr/local/lib/libmaodbc.so to make it work with
> MariaDB.

ODBC can get fussy about language definitions between the DB and ODBC.  ODBC make's it so you can use ANY db, but try Informix or Oracle... Just LOADS of fun getting the language
code page settings right (Yes, I actually had a customer want Informix - SHUDDER).

The MySQL connection has it's own configuration fuss, but I understand it and HATE trying to debug ODBC configs.

> What's easier about the native MySQL method?
>
>> for ARA configuration as well as CDR collection.  CDR reports are just a SQL
>> query away.
> Yes:
>
> a) efficient
>
> b) can be done on a machien remote from the call processing
>
> c) is realtime - call ends, CDRs are immediately available for analysis
>
> d) can even include triggers on DB updates, for example to raise anti-fraud
> alerts.

YES!  and most non-MySQL/Marias type don't realize that those triggers and stored procedures can actually execute routines external to the DB... At least in MySQL/MariaDB