[asterisk-users] Any api (agi/ari/ami) equivalent of "core show calls"?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sun Jun 14 18:52:36 CDT 2020

On Monday 15 June 2020 at 00:41:14, Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> Way back in the mists of time, I built my asterisk installation with SNMP
> support.

Heh... I never even knew that was possible :)

> That said, I actually prefer ARA/ARI to flat file configuration of endpoints
> and dialplans.  Changes are more or less instantaneous and easily shared
> between instances.

Agreed - ARA is a great system, and I really like that it can be combined with
flatfile configs on a single server.

> The ODBC way is a pain, so I tend to just use the native MySQL method

Oh?

What makes you say ODBC is a pain?  I have two files (/etc/odbc.ini and
/etc/idbcinst.ini, which are 8 lines and 3 lines in size respectively) and I
had to install one file /usr/local/lib/libmaodbc.so to make it work with
MariaDB.

What's easier about the native MySQL method?

> for ARA configuration as well as CDR collection.  CDR reports are just a SQL
> query away.

Yes:

a) efficient

b) can be done on a machien remote from the call processing

c) is realtime - call ends, CDRs are immediately available for analysis

d) can even include triggers on DB updates, for example to raise anti-fraud
alerts.

Regards,

Antony.

--