[asterisk-users] Voice "broken" during calls

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at stratustalk.com
Mon Jun 15 16:15:45 CDT 2020

On 6/15/20 2:19 PM, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Am 15.06.2020 um 20:15 schrieb Jeff LaCoursiere:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
>> We are working on a product to analyze pcap files of VoIP calls.  So far
>> it does a reasonable job of analyzing the frequency distribution of
>> packets in both directions, pointing out which direction packet loss /
>> bad jitter occurs.  If you can trap the traffic on the outside and the
>> inside of your Banana Pi and send me the pcap files, I would be happy to
>> run it through our analyzer as further information for you.  If it shows
>> DTK isn't sending packets when it should, that will be obvious, and you
>> can send to them as solid evidence of their guilt :)
> Thank you for your offer.
> Could you say me which options I should pass to tcpdump to get all
> information you need?
Yes, sure, please use (replace with correct interface names):

    sudo tcpdump -i eth0 -s 0 -w /tmp/test0.pcap &
    sudo tcpdump -i eth1 -s 0 -w /tmp/test1.pcap &

Try to limit the traffic to just your phone call tests (to reduce the
size of the capture files).  Make all your tests, then:

    sudo killall tcpdump
    tar cvzf /tmp/tests.tgz /tmp/test?.pcap

Send /tmp/tests.tgz to me by email, or leave somewhere I can download.
I'll run the analysis tonight and send the results to the list.

Cheers,

--

	*Jeff LaCoursiere*
STRATUSTALK, INC. / CTO