[asterisk-users] Voice "broken" during calls

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Mon Jun 15 15:39:37 CDT 2020

Am 15.06.2020 um 22:30 schrieb Antony Stone:

>> What do you mean? In which sense this is "significant"?
>
> Because if/when the Thomson is registered directly to DT, then Asterisk is not
> doing anything on the Banana.

Yes, I think it too

>> What do you mean now? If I can use the full available band or if I can
>> download exactly 50Mbs?
>
> I don't see the difference - I'm asking whether the Banana can manage to route
> 50Mbps of traffic.

I think, it should be possible... the BananaPI has a Gbit ethernet...

>> The answer to the first question is: YES! That's why I use a traffic
>> shaper... ;)
>
> So, you're saying that your Banana Pi *can* provide the full 50Mbps throughput
> if you don't enable the traffic shaper?

If I try to transfer a big file between two devices in different VLANs
(through the BananaPI as Gateway), there is no problem.
I don't really measured it, but it's bigger than 50Mbps...

>> The answer to the second question is: NO. I made a speedtest right now
>> and I get only ~18Mbps download.
>
> So, is it the traffic shaper which is imposing this limit?

No, I tried the test disabling the traffic shaper, too... no changes...

> I'm very much agreeing with you here, that DT appears to be the problem, and I
> think Jeff's suggestion / offer to capture the audio data and do an analysis on
> it would likely show that.

OK!

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello