[asterisk-users] Voice "broken" during calls

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Jun 15 14:14:13 CDT 2020

On Monday 15 June 2020 at 20:15:22, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> Beyond that, are you certain you aren't taxing the Banana Pi?  It really
> *should* be able to handle a single call while handling your LAN's
> routing/firewall tasks, but you are probably skating the edge.

I have a Banana Pi R1 (the version with 5 ethernet ports, actually VLANned off
a single physical interface), and all my Internet traffic goes through it,
including SIP to NetCologne, who is my local telephony and connectivity
provider here.

My only major difference from Luca's situation is that I don't run Asterisk on
this machine (although I do run it on a Raspberry Pi inside my network).

I don't experience any of the problems Luca reports - the worst I get from
time to time is some briefly reduced call quality if someone happens to do a
large file download while I'm on the phone (the download speed here is 'only'
25Mbps, so it's easy enough to saturate for a short time with a browser).

I certainly agree with the idea of doing a packet analysis on both sides of
the Banana, though, to see whether DT is causing the problem, or whether the
hardware's just not up to the job.

Regards,

Antony

--
The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.

 - Oscar Wilde

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.