[asterisk-users] Voice "broken" during calls

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sun Jun 14 10:05:44 CDT 2020

On Sunday 14 June 2020 at 16:38:19, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Am 13.06.2020 um 22:56 schrieb Antony Stone:
>
> Hi again,
>
> > 2b. Take your Thomson telephone to some other location with Internet
> > access, let it register to your home Asterisk server, and then make a
> > call to the same number yet again.

> I tried it on the network of a friend.
> Not possible to establish a connection at all...
> I *suppose* Deutsche Telekom just allow a logon on their servers from
> the IP of the user,

Wait a moment...

You mean that the Thomson phone is registering to Deutsche Telekom?

I thought it was registering to your Asterisk server.

Maybe it would be a good idea to tell *exactly* what your network setup is,
because I'd certainly assumed something that's clearly not true; maybe others
here have as well.

Basically, what SIP phones (hardware or software) are you using, what are they
registering to, and what role is Asterisk playing in all of this?  How do
calls to/from the public phone network get routed from/to your telephones?

Antony.

--
In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.