[asterisk-users] CDR mysql: timeout when remote database unavailable

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sat Jun 6 03:38:10 CDT 2020

On Saturday 06 June 2020 at 09:18:11, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:

> In a situation when I start asterisk, and the remote database is
> unreachable, asterisk waits for several minutes before it actually
> starts (before it loads sip module, etc).
>
> And when database is unreachable during operation, when call happens,
> sometimes the call is connected, other times it waits for mysql and call
> times out.

> or what would be the best solution in my case ?

I would install a local copy of MySQL (to the same machine as Asterisk) so
that it is definitely available, tell Asterisk to write to that, and then set
up replication to the remote MySQL instance which is sometimes unavailable.

Replication will sort itself out automatically after almost any duration of
non-connectivity.

If you are using MySQL, the traditional Master-Slave replication is easy to
set up and works well.  If you're using MariaDB (which is installed in some
distributions even when you ask for MySQL) then the new method of replication
is Galera, although standard Master-Slave is still fully supported.

Regards,

Antony.

--
If my advice was worth anything, I wouldn't just give it away.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.