[asterisk-users] asterisk 16.9 function HINT with option n does not return anything

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Jun 3 08:19:27 CDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 10:08 AM Nenad Radosavljevic <nenadr at snr.rs> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> Is there something wrong with the function HINT(<extension number>,n) ?
> Note the param n - it is supposed to get (as far as I understand the
> documentation) CALLERID(name) of the extension (via extension's hint).

It does not get the caller id name. I believe if configured as such:

exten => 10,hint,PJSIP/10(Bob)

It would return the value Bob but I have not tested it.

For PJSIP the PJSIP_ENDPOINT dialplan function[1] can be used to retrieve
the configured callerid name.

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Function_PJSIP_ENDPOINT

--