[asterisk-users] PJSIP AoR vs Endpoint

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 08:47:37 CDT 2020

Le sam. 18 juil. 2020 à 08:02, Andrew Yager <andrew at rwts.com.au> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I realise this is an old question, but I’m struggling to get my head
> around it.
>
> The ERD suggests that endpoints can link to multiple AoRs
>
> In what situation would you actually use this? Given that mapping of
> inbound calls is primary done to the endpoint,

In my very limited understanding, it seems inbound calls, if properly
configured, are targeted to AoRs, not endpoints.
This allows for several physical devices to be notified of the same
incoming call.

Following this route, one hurdle to take on is when transferring calls from
one device to the other one(s), with the same endpoint.

Maybe, some with a better understanding or knowledge may correct or confirm
the above statements.