[asterisk-users] PJSIP AoR vs Endpoint

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Sat Jul 18 00:20:30 CDT 2020

Hi,

I realise this is an old question, but I’m struggling to get my head around
it.

The ERD suggests that endpoints can link to multiple AoRs

In what situation would you actually use this? Given that mapping of
inbound calls is primary done to the endpoint, it looks to me like most of
the scenarios where this might be beneficial are actually not possible?

One example I had envisaged was being able to have multiple distinct auth
entries for one endpoint (eg for different devices, such as a WebRTC
device, a TLS device or a UDP device) but the restrictions around device
identification seem to make this not achievable as the auth user or user
needs to be the endpoint name to actually find the correct endpoint.

The answer is somewhat moot; but as I’m thinking about implementation of
some things I’m just trying to make sure I haven’t missed the obvious “yep
- you’d use this here, because it makes X or Y amazing”.

Andrew
*Andrew Yager, CEO* *(BCompSc, JNCIS-SP, MACS (Snr) CP)*
*business nbn™ advisor (advisor 01783150)*
Real World Technology Solutions - IT People you can trust
Voice | Data | IT Procurement | Managed IT
rwts.com.au | 1300 798 718

*Real World is a DellEMC Gold Partner*

This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed
and its content is not intended for use by any other persons. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately. Please also
destroy and delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form of
reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. We are not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt. Please consider the
environment before printing this e-mail.