[asterisk-users] Voice broken during calls (again...)

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Fri Jul 3 12:57:24 CDT 2020

Hi list!

Am 22.06.2020 um 16:48 schrieb Luca Bertoncello:
> Hi list!
>
> So, now I have a business contract and a technician was here to check
> the DSL...
> Nothing found, except that for 50Mbps I need now vectoring. Really
> nice... A couple of years ago I could get 50Mbps without vectoring.
> Of course, Deutsche Telekom said nothing about this change...
>
> Well, I got it working, and now I have 48Mbps down and 10Mbps up.
> I _REALLY CAN'T_ believe, that this is not enough...
>
> The problem with many little disruptions during calls is always here.
>
> I tried changing the codecs and changing some settings in the SIP
> configuration of the peers.
> No changes...
>
> On the Gateway (Banana PI), where the Asterisk server also runs, the
> load is about 0.50 during calls and it has a Gbps LAN.
> I can't believe, the problem is here...

So, now I know what was the problem and I solved it...

The problem was: the Banana PI... :(

I checked it with mtr and I see really bad times to communicate with
other devices im same networks (~2 - 380 ms!!).
Many tries with other Switch ports and so on didn't solved the problem.

So I bought a mini PC and I configured it as Firewall with Asterisk.
mtr give now really good times (~0.2 - 0.4 ms).
And Asterisk works very good...

I tried right now with my father in law and the communication was
excellent, without any disruptions.

So, I really thank you for the idea, that my Banana PI can be the
problem. It was! ;)

Have a nice weekend!
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)