[asterisk-users] [asterisk-app-dev] ARI Get Channel Variable

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Wed Jan 22 17:50:38 CST 2020

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 5:32 PM Phil Mickelson <phil at cbasoftware.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get the Call-ID from the SIP HEADER using getChannelVar.
> When I pass SIP_HEADER() and anything as the variable I get Unable to read
> provided function.  If use Call-ID I get Provided variable was not found.
>
> This is a connected call.  Is it not possible to get SIP HEADER
> information once it's connected?  Or, am I missing something?

Are you using chan_sip or chan_pjsip? If chan_pjsip then you need to use
the PJSIP_HEADER function [1] instead. For instance the following returned
the call-id for me:

PJSIP_HEADER(read,Call-ID)

How are you attempting to use the channel function [2]? For instance the
following returned the call-id for me as well:

CHANNEL(pjsip,call-id)

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Function_PJSIP_HEADER
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Function_CHANNEL