[asterisk-users] Modems

Ryan, Travis RyanT at OscarWinski.com
Tue Feb 11 13:42:50 CST 2020

I can't speak to the other items, but it's always better to have a dedicated FXS to answer the modem calls on an analog line. I've had to do this for ATT network router for their own management and it's always been fine.

From: asterisk-users <asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com> On Behalf Of John T. Bittner
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:22 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: [asterisk-users] Modems

Guys,

I have a customer that heavily uses modems, the problem they don't work reliably with some of the carriers I have used like Level3.
This is somewhat expected due to the limits in VoIP so I need a better solution.

If I set up an asterisk system on customer premise with an FXS card in it and have calls sent to another asterisk box with a PRI can I get this to be more reliable and better connect speeds.?
Any way to detect a modem call and turn off the echo canceller?

What if I use a lossless codec between the two systems, or would it be better to just run PCM to passthrough to the PRI.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

John Bittner
CTO
[xaccellogoemail]
380 US Highway 46, Suite 500
Totowa, NJ 07512
Phone: 201.806.2602 x2405
Fax:       201.806.2604
Cell:       973.390.1090
www.xaccel.net<http://www.xaccel.net/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information which should not be shared or forwarded. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the e-mail.