[asterisk-users] Detect if people is talking

Sebastian Nielsen sebastian at sebbe.eu
Thu Dec 31 11:56:55 CST 2020

It sounds like there is more of the problem that neither the agent or customer knows when to start talking, ergo, when the call is "Connected", thus the OP wants the agent to start talking before the customer is brought in front of that agent.

Another solution would be to just play a "fake" recorded "hello" to both ends, maybe with a slight shift, inviting both to start talking.

I don't think its a problem with the agents failing to do their job, but rather unsuredness, maybe because it have happened regularly to those agents that they just "speak out in the empty" without any customer on the other end, and thus the agent instead waits for customer to say hello, while customer waits for agent to say hello.

Its a "classic problem" in the phone industry, so a great solution could be to play a fake hello after both of them are connected, inviting both to start talking, and they will automatically "find" each other.