[asterisk-users] Chasing down CPU issue

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Tue Dec 29 10:12:45 CST 2020

All,

As I have written in the past I am chasing down a CPU issue with Asterisk.I
took a box running 16.13.0 and unloaded all possible modules. The only ones
I was not able to unload were:
pbx_spool.so
res_adsi.so
res_odbc_transaction.so
res_sorcery_memory_cache.so  res_speech.so
res_stasis_device_state.so
res_stasis_recording.so

I then watched the PID of asterisk for CPU usage and every so often (3-5
seconds) the CPU usage would go from 0.0 to 5.X. I know this is not a lot
as it's just 5% of one core but I am wondering what would Asterisk be doing
every X seconds that would cause a small  jump in usage. I did a tcpdump on
the box and the only traffic other then my ssh session that I see is ARP
and DHCP traffic. Amy ideas how the core of Asterisk works and why it would
randomly use a bit of CPU?

TIA.

Dovid