[asterisk-users] [asterisk-app-dev] Handling transfers with ARI

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Thu Dec 24 01:53:07 CST 2020

Thank you all for the hints.

I ended up using a mix of dialplan to deal with the Local channels, and
ARI to detect the transfer and redirect. It doesn't look like a "clean"
solution but I have nothing better for the moment :

Dialplan :

exten  =
100,1,GotoIf($[$["${SIPTRANSFER}"="yes"]&$["${CHANNEL(channeltype)}"="Local"]]?waittransfer:)
; deal with channel being transfered
same  = n,Transfer(100)
same  = n,Hangup()

; deal with Asterisk-managed Local channel
same = n(waittransfer),Wait(2)
same  = n,Hangup()

NodeJS :

bridge.once('BridgeAttendedTransfer', event => {
     var transferee = new ari.Channel(event.transferee.id);
     transferee.continueInDialplan({
           context: event.context,
           extension: event.exten,
           priority: 1