[asterisk-users] volume control and setting volume on transfer

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Fri Apr 24 09:30:20 CDT 2020

I found a solution. The problem is that the gain increase should be set
on the receiver's channel and not on that of the caller. This way the
voice prompts, which are on the caller's channel, don't get distorted.
The solution uses a pre-dial handler. Here are the relevant parts from
extensions.ael:

context outgoing {

     greenphone_pre_dial_handler => {
     Set(VOLUME(RX)=5);
     Return();
     }

     601 => {     // green phone
     Set(VOLUME(TX)=1);
Dial(SIP/sip-spa1,20,Tb(outgoing^greenphone_pre_dial_handler^1));
     Hangup();
     }
}