[asterisk-users] volume control and setting volume on transfer

Iain Mott mott at escuta.org
Thu Apr 23 14:42:00 CDT 2020

Hello,

I've been trying to resolve a volume issue. I have an analogue SIP phone
that has low gain on its microphone. This can be resolved by putting the
following in its extension config:

Set(VOLUME(TX)=4);

The problem is that the caller to this extension will be making attended
transfers and the change in channel volume distorts the voice prompt
"transfer" and the subsequent dial tone.

Is there a way that I can redefine "atxfer" in features.conf such that
the volume of the channel is set back to 1 before the transfer is made?
I would like to do the opposite after that, ie. return the volume of the
extension to 4 when the transfer is finalised with "atxferthreeway".

If anyone can help with this or has other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Iain