[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 181, Issue 3

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 03:30:15 CDT 2019

In article <874506323.2924334.1567645810409 at mail.yahoo.com>,
bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Thank you a lot for your kindly help and reply. Actually it helped me a lot.I was using _X. in the extensions.conf at
> the trunkinbound context.Can you advise me what is the difference between _X. and s? In other words, when it is better
> to use s and when it is better to use _X.?
> Again, I am fully thanks for you.RegardsBilal

They do different things.

_X. will match any extension number beginning with a digit. This is what
you would normally use to match incoming calls that specify a number,
and is presumably what you have already.

s will only match is no extension number is given. This would be the case
for an analogue line, for example, or a SIP connection that didn't give
a destination number. It is also matched for OPTIONS requests used to
handle "qualify".

So in your [trunkinbound] context, just add a line like this:

exten => s,1,Hangup

And leave everything else in that context unchanged.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield