[asterisk-users] [asterisk-app-dev] ARI Channel recording

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Oct 15 15:50:19 CDT 2019

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019, at 5:14 PM, Marcelo Garay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m trying to record video on a channel (from webrtc) using ARI (POST
> /channels/{channelId}/record), but when I specify h264 for the format I
> get error: ast_writestream: Unable to translate to format h264, source
> format vp9
>
> So my specific questions are:
>
> 1) Can video be recorded using ARI?

I don't know if it's ever really been tried, recording/playback of video is not something anyone has put a focus n.

> 2) What file formats can be used to record video?

Only really h264 and h263 I believe.

> 3) If H264 is possible, how do I solve the error shown above?

You'd need to negotiate h264 on the channel. As it is you're using VP9, and Asterisk does not do video transcoding.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer