[asterisk-users] PJSIP device_state_busy_at, how does this work?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Nov 28 08:31:42 CST 2019

Hi Gang

According to:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Configuration_res_pjsip#Asterisk12Configuration_res_pjsip-endpoint_device_state_busy_at

And endpoint should return busy if this number is reached.

We have PBX Trunks registering to the Asterisk.

So we want to limit the number of concurrent calls to a PBX and return
busy, if more than the configured number of channels are in use.

I set for example:

device_state_busy_at=4 to limit the trunk to 4 channels so 400kbit/s
can be assured by QOS measure.

But when testing, I noticed caller don't get busy.

pjsip show endpoints happily shows 5 of 4 channels in use.

Do I have to query the device state from the dialplan and manually
return busy?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden