[asterisk-users] On Register, run a script, validate source IP

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Mon Nov 18 06:20:26 CST 2019

Hi Gang

To increase security against phished passwords and similar attacks, we
consider offering customers to define IP ranges (or GeoIP locations)
from which their dynamic registrations are being accepted.

I can already look at the source IP in the dial plan, so no issue with
validate an INVITE against a source IP.

But I would also like to prevent registrations from outside of this
client's specific allowed ip addresses as well, so the line cannot be
hijacked.

So I'm looking for something like

On Register:
If check_allowed_ip(auth_username) {
	return;
} else {
	Reply(403 Wrong IP for this user);
}

Any ideas how to do that? (Yes, I asked Google and found nothing
useful yet)

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden