[asterisk-users] email notification on missed call

Sat Nov 2 09:19:56 CDT 2019

On Sat, 2019-11-02 at 11:42 +0100, Antony Stone wrote:

> Doesn't that send an email for every call once it ends, not just
> unanswered ones?

Whoops! You are right! :-)

exten => h,1,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "ANSWER"]?done)
exten => h,n,System(echo "Missed Call Open on Asterisk from
${CALLERID(num)}" | mail -s "Missed VIP Call on Asterisk from
${CALLERID(num)}" -a "From: Astersik PBX <pbx at example.com>" myemailaddr
ess at example.com)
exten => h,n(done),NoOp()
exten => h,n,HangUp()

> > exten => h,n,HangUp()
> That looks most strange to me - calling Hangup() in the hangup
> extension...

:-D

Probably it is not necessary. But isn't a good practice to end any
extension with a "HangUp"?