[asterisk-users] email notification on missed call

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sat Nov 2 05:42:55 CDT 2019

On Saturday 02 November 2019 at 10:56:19, Frank Vanoni wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-10-30 at 05:10 +0100, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:
> > what is the best way to implement email notification on missed call ?
> >
> > Is there perhaps a better way to this than described above ?
>
> This is my way:
>
> exten => h,1,System(echo "Missed Call Open on Asterisk from
> ${CALLERID(num)}" | mail -s "Missed VIP Call on Asterisk from
> ${CALLERID(num)}" -a "From: Asterisk PBX <pbx at example.com>"
> myemailaddress at example.com)

Doesn't that send an email for every call once it ends, not just unanswered
ones?

> exten => h,n,HangUp()

That looks most strange to me - calling Hangup() in the hangup extension...

--
The idea that Bill Gates appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all
customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it

 - Douglas Adams in The Guardian, 25th August 1995

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.