[asterisk-users] Is it possible to record 2-4 party call audio in stereo quality as opposed to mono?

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Fri Nov 1 16:29:28 CDT 2019

We have a customer who wants us to record anywhere from 2-4 participants on a call in stereo (as opposed to mono) quality audio.

Some background..
We are using asterisk 16.6.1
We are also currently using AMI/AsyncAGI and ConfBridge to bring the parties together.  I believe recording in the various file formats (based on extension), it's always recording in mono quality.

My one thought is to transition to using ARI Bridge (instead of ConfBridge) and streamed audio using ExternalMedia.
Then have a media server capture the external media packets, stripping the payload information and write directly to a file.
Would that audio be of ulaw stereo or mono?

Any suggestions?