[asterisk-users] Calling GOSUB from Macro on Asterisk 1.8

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomab.mx
Wed May 29 16:04:15 CDT 2019

     I know we should not be running an Asterisk so old but this
customer really does not want to replace this particular installation.
I am having a problem when calling Gosub from a macro.  It seems that if
I call gosub and return to the macro all Macro related variables like
MACRO_EXTEN and ARG are gone.  Is that expected or should I look for a
problem elsewhere?

     On the CLI I can see the call enter the macro, the use the GOSUB
code and when it returns to try to dial I have something like:
Dial(${ARG1}) (where ARG1 is a parameter sent to the macro).  I get an
error:

WARNING[21682] app_dial.c: Dial requires an argument (technology/number)

     This is because the ARG variable is no longer available after the
GOSUB.  If I remove the gosub everything works as expected.  I know
macros are deprecated but they are in use in most of my servers and it
will take a while to replace everything.  Any pointers?

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)8116-9161