[asterisk-users] Odd one-way audio problem

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 15:36:53 CDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a user who is reporting one-way audio, but only when a call is made to or from
particular PSTN (cell) numbers.

Their phones are behind a NAT router and my server is on the open Internet.

Calls within their office sound fine.  Calls to/from most numbers sound fine.

When they took their phones home, those same phone numbers still had problems.

So, I don't think it's their network.  I've taken pcaps of both legs of example calls.  On
the provider-side, I see 2-way audio.  On the client-side, I only hear one side.

Most of the time, though, their phones work correctly.

Any ideas where to look to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Mike Diehl