[asterisk-users] Dante and asterisk

John Marvion jm-asterisk at themarvins.org
Mon Mar 18 10:19:52 CDT 2019

What exactly are you expecting to do? Dante is a low latency audio
protocol meant only for local nets, not for going over the internet. It
has no facility for placing calls.

If you install Dante Virtual Sound card (usually requires at least one
real Dante hardware device on the network) or possibly Dante Via,
Asterisk should be able to use it like it would be able to use any
hardware sound card for things like redirecting audio output of a call,
etc. I don't know if Asterisk has support for multi-channel sound cards
(beyond 2 channels), so you may be restricted to only two channels.

I could see an application where you might want to redirect the output
from a call to a Dante enabled mixer to enable the call to be heard over
a PA system.

Regards,

John