[asterisk-users] internal call record

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Sun Mar 10 09:13:41 CDT 2019

On Sunday 10 March 2019 at 15:08:35, Gokan Atmaca wrote:

> > Well, firstly, why are you using "_6001"?  The leading underscore says
> > "this is going to be a pattern match", but you then follow with a
> > specific number, not a pattern.  You might as well write just "6001"
> > without the underscore, which is clearer to you and more efficient for
> > Asterisk.
>
> Hello
>
> The total number of internal medicine is 6000-6020. When I do 6XXX
> getting error. I did as follows. I think (*) there is a mistake
> I am doing.

Yes.

As I explained in my previous email, an underscore at the start of the
extension means "this is going to be a pattern".

So, if you want to specify a single number, you don't need to use the
underscore - for example "6001"

If you want to specify multiple numbers using pattern matching, then you do
need the underscore - for example "_60XX".

"_60XX" will match any number between 6000 and 6099, which would be fine for
your purposes.

Regards,

Antony.

--
APL [is a language], in which you can write a program to simulate shuffling a
deck of cards and then dealing them out to several players, in four

 - David Given

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.