[asterisk-users] Problem with the DB() function (Ira)

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Mon Mar 4 00:12:21 CST 2019

>So the new install is coming along. I hooked up the new box for a couple of hours and got a bunch more problems worked out. And yet some still remain. I have this subroutine I call occasionally:
>.
>.
>.
>Also, when I installed asterisk it did not set itself up to start when the machine boots. Is there something else I need to do?  It's the most recent Fedora.

If you're on the latest Fedora you're probably using systemd for init and startup / control of background functions.

On Centos7, to get Asterisk to start up with the system on boot I do the following as root:

# cd /etc/systemd/system

# vim asterisk.service

- In this file, then put

---

[Unit]
Description=Asterisk
After=network.target
After=network-online.target
After=startup.service
After=mysql.service
Wants=mysql.service

[Service]
Type=idle
User=root
Group=root
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/asterisk -f
ExecStop=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core stop now'
ExecReload=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core reload'
TimeoutSec=300

LimitCORE=infinity
LimitNOFILE=16384
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

---

# systemctl enable asterisk.service

Now, on reboot, systemd should start up asterisk for you.

Hope this helps.

Stefan