[asterisk-users] High delay and some echo

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Jun 11 14:37:08 CDT 2019

Am 11.06.2019 um 21:28 schrieb Antony Stone:

Hi,

> Well, my starting point, given the hardware setup you've confirmed above, would
> be to plug an analogue phone into your FritzBox (assuming that's what DT gave
> you) and see whether the problem exists without Asterisk in the picture at
> all.

I don't have any FritzBox.
I have a little BananaPI with Debian 9 configured as Router and
connected to a DSL-Modem.
On the BananaPI I installed Asterisk, to have it directly connected to
the Internet.

> The second thing I would try is to put the SIP credentials given to you by DT
> into the SIP phone itself (most can support at least two lines, so you don't
> need to over-write the credentials for your Asterisk server account) and
> again, soo whether the problem persists with the Asterisk server removed from
> the signal path.

I can try it...
Now it's too late for the test. I'll try tomorrow.

> That will at least tell you whether Asterisk is causing the problem, because
> if it isn't:
>
> a) there isn't much you can do about it except report it to DT, and

Bwahahahahahah!!!! The technician of DT, at least the people answering
the Hotline, don't have any idea _WHAT_ is VoIP and so on...
They only can say "you have to power off your FritzBox, wait 30 seconds
and power it on again".
If I say, that I don't have any FritzBox they give a Brain core dumped...

> b) there's very little the good people here on this mailing list will be able
> to help you with.

Really a pity... :(

> Just out of interest, what hardware are you running Asterisk on?  It's
> unlikely to be the cause of the problem, because I've run it on Raspberry Pies
> for very small setups such as yours, but it might still be useful to know.

As I said, I have a BananaPI with a Debian 9, minimal installed from me
with some scripts to manage the DSL.
Asterisk was installed from Debian Repositories.

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)