[asterisk-users] High delay and some echo

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Tue Jun 11 14:16:40 CDT 2019

Am 11.06.2019 um 21:10 schrieb Antony Stone:

Hi,

> So, you have a SIP phone, connected to an Asterisk server on your local
> network, which then connects to D Telekom's SIP server over the DSL line?

Correct!

>> The other party use VoIP, too, since they are in Germany (and Italy) and
>> here there are just VoIP... Sigh!
>
> Are they also using a SIP phone?

My mother yes, my father in law uses an ISDN phone connected to a
FritzBox that convert the signal in VoIP.

> Do they also have an Asterisk server on their local network?
>
>> Now I disabled the jitter (jbenable = no), and I called my father in
>> law. He sayd me, the quality is really better, but I hear sometimes
>> little noises...
>>
>> Any other suggestion?
>
> Have you considered trying some tool such as http://sipcapture.org/#about to
> see if you can identify where the latency comes in?

I must say, that I'm not an expert in VoIP, so I really don't know this
tool and don't have any idea how to analyze the problem...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)