[asterisk-users] ARI libraries?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 11:29:05 CDT 2019

Up till now, I have only used Asterisk versions 1.2, 10 and 11, on CentOS
4, 5 and 6, and have made extensive use of AMI and FastAGI connections to a
multi-threaded backend written in C.

For a new project, I am looking at trying Asterisk 16 with ARI, on CentOS 7.

I was looking at the various ARI libraries available, particularly the
ones for Python and Node.js in github.

I noticed that the files in the Python ARI project at https://github.com/asterisk/ari-py
are all over 5 years old and the version number is 0.1.3. Does that mean it
is abandoned, or that it is so stable it has not needed any updates during
that time?  Is it a good choice to use? Does it support all the ARI
features in Asterisk 16?

In contrast, https://github.com/asterisk/node-ari-client, the Node.js
client for ARI, saw its last commit only 7 months ago. Is this the
preferred solution nowadays?

Are there any other languages/libraries I should be considering?

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers
Tony
--