[asterisk-users] trying to upgrade asterisk and Debian -- not working

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Jan 23 09:42:55 CST 2019

Hi.  I am trying to upgrade my asterisk from 13.15 to the latest of
asterisk 13 which seems to be 13.24.0-rc1.  At the same time I want to
go from Debian 8 to DEbian 9 to get a more recent operating system and
applications.

I ran in to the following problems when trying to do this.

When trying to use asterisk 13.24.0-rc1, I ran into some strange
problems with some of my custom scripts.

It seems the following statement immediately disconnects the user
exten => s,n,Read(digit,,1,,1,20) ; read a digit

In the log after that statement it says user disconnected.  I have an
agi which speaks some text before the read and that agi does not even
say anything, although it does complete.

Now, if I try to go back to 13.15.0, it does not work at all because
it keeps telling in my log that modules support is not available, so
no modules get loaded.

Any ideas on thispuzzle would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici at ccs.covici.com