[asterisk-users] Configure SIP reply timeout (timerb in sip.conf)

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Mon Jan 7 10:23:53 CST 2019

Dear list,

Asterisk 11.25.0 user here. I'm trying to set up failing over to a
second SIP peer if the first SIP peer doesn't answer on our SIP INVITE
within 2 seconds.

In sip.conf I set timerb=2000 for this peer, but it doesn't seem to have
any effect. The timeout is 6.5 seconds instead, which is in line with
this description from sip.conf:

"timerb: Call setup timer. If a provisional response is not received in
this amount of time, the call will autocongest. Defaults to 64*timert1
(Which is 100 ms = rougly 6.5 seconds)"

Maybe I cannot set timerb on a peer-basis? Here's my peer config:

[peer01]
host=1.2.3.4
type=peer
context=nowhere