[asterisk-users] Switched from Asterisk 1.8 to 13 - CDR ringtime now always zero

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jan 7 05:07:54 CST 2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019, at 3:04 AM, Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> A few months ago I upgraded most of my Asterisk servers to 13 from 1.8.
> I've still got about 25% of my servers on 1.8.
>
> I've since noticed that ringtime on Asterisk 13 - the time difference
> between "start" and "answer" in the CDR record for any call, and
> between "duration" and "billsec" - has completely disappeared. E. g.
> the two times and two durations are now the same for all outgoing calls
> made on Asterisk 13.
>
> On 1.8 the time difference between "start" and "answer" and "duration"
> and "billsec" was always my ring time - e. g. if I phone out to my
> cellphone from one of my 1.8 servers, the amount of seconds the call
> rings on my cell in my 1.8 instances is the difference between "start"
> and "answer" in the 1.8-generated CDR record, and the difference
> between "duration" and "billsec".
>
> E. g. on 13, I see this (zero ringtime) for a call that I make to my
> cellphone to test, with my cellphone ringing for at least 10 seconds
> and ringing heard on the Yealink connected to the asterisk - e. g.
> completely wrong:

This is the way it is supposed to work[1], but it ultimately depends on your dialplan. Are you using Local channels? Are you doing Answer in the dialplan? What is the complete flow?

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+CDR+Specification

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer