[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.7.0 connectivity to Avaya SM (Thomas Peters)

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Thu Feb 28 00:18:05 CST 2019

Hi Thomas

What is your IVR box's domain name in Linux?

With a hostname of, for example, "mcts.org" do you have a line like this in /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1	mcts.org

in your /etc/hosts?

Additionally, in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf, is there a line

systemname =

that is -uncommented- and contains the string you need to the right of the @ e. g.

mcts.org

?

The immediate above just a shot in the dark but could affect how your IVR box identifies itself.

If the Linux system host name of the IVR machine is not "mcts.org" maybe you can change the machine's name via (for Centos 7 at least - if you have NetworManager running):

nmcli general hostname mcts.org
systemctl restart systemd-hostnamed

and then reboot the machine which implies also restarting asterisk.

If I remember right this will cause the Asterisk instance to identify itself as

"mcts.org" sip:mcts.org at mcts.org:0;tag=...
>From asterisk.conf                 |
                                         From nmcli general hostname mcts.org

?

Might still not solve your precise issue but might be a step in the right direction??

Stefan
---