[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.7.0 connectivity to Avaya SM

Thomas Peters TPeters at mcts.org
Wed Feb 27 14:06:32 CST 2019

All:

We have made progress.

We have the Avaya Session Manager showing a good connection now and we're looking at getting calls across to the Asterisk IVR machine now.

Seems we were defaulting to UDP and the Avaya SM wanted TCP. They switched the Avaya end to UDP and I made some other settings changes in sip.conf, and it's working better.

I'm using a trimmed-down sip.conf suggested by John Kiniston. Thank you very much indeed for your suggestions John.

My sip.conf file now consists of
[sessionmgr1]
host=10.10.0.17
type=peer
qualify=yes
fromuser=10.10.0.103

But I don't think it's the final product; Some tweaking might still be needed. The 10.10.0.17 device is the Avaya Session Manager, and the .103 is the Asterisk-based IVR.

Thanks again,
-T

Thomas M. Peters | Sr. Systems Administrator |  tpeters at mcts.org<mailto:tpeters at mcts.org>
Desk: 414.343.1720 | Helpdesk: x3400 or  helpdesk at mcts.org<mailto:helpdesk at mcts.org>
Milwaukee County Transit System <http://www.ridemcts.com/>

1942 N 17th Street | Milwaukee, WI  53205
Check us out on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/mcts> & Twitter <https://twitter.com/RideMCTS>