[asterisk-users] Playing a beep/noise during a call

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Thu Feb 7 07:36:20 CST 2019

I use ChanSpy for that.

This should get you on track:
https://community.asterisk.org/t/play-audio-file-on-channel-that-is-in-confbridge/67678

I don't use AMI, I just trigger asterisk binary through a shell script
(via AGI) like this to originate the call, it's easier for me:

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "originate local/something at whisper extension
something at whisper-playback"

[whisper]

exten => _[a-z,0-9].,1,Answer
exten => _[a-z,0-9].,n,Verbose(... whispering to admins)
exten => _[a-z,0-9].,n,ChanSpy(SIP/${EXTEN},qw)
exten => _[a-z,0-9].,n,Hangup

[whisper-playback]

exten => 5555,1,Answer
exten => 5555,n,Verbose(... playback to chanspy for admins)
exten => 5555,n,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/somewavfile)

So, if you need this periodically you could maybe spawn a shell script
through AGI which will sleep for a certain amount of minutes and then
repeat the originate command ...

Good luck!