[asterisk-users] Handling a non-responsive peer after it answers

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 10:01:44 CST 2019

I'm looking for a way of detecting in my dialplan when a peer becomes
non-responsive after answering. It seems that Asterisk knows when the peer
becomes non-responsive because it logs "Remote UNIX connection
disconnected" around the same time, and it seems that
if there is no following "Remote UNIX connection" within a short time, then
the peer can be considered non-responsive. Is there a way to configure a
handler for this state?

We use v14.7.6 and we dial the peer this way:

 same =>
n,Set(CHANNEL(hangup_handler_push)=${CONTEXT},handleHangupByCaller,1(args))
 same =>
n,Dial(${AddressToReachPeer},2,b(${CONTEXT}^afterDialingPeerLogIpOfCb^1(${UUID}^${StartEpoch})))
 same => n,Goto(handle${DIALSTATUS},1)

Cheers,
David