[asterisk-users] Block Spam Calls

Julian Beach jb_soft at trink.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 10:48:21 CST 2019

Hello Doug,

Friday, December 13, 2019, 11:03:37 AM, you wrote:

>> This is exactly what I do - “press 1 for a human”
>> Works great

> I do this as well, but I also do a database lookup to see if the number
> is on our speeddial list and if so, pass the call directly on without
> the IVR prompts.

I do something similar for calls without caller ID, but I was still
getting robocalls with spoofed caller ID. I have now changed the dialplan
slightly so that the first time people call they are asked to dial 1.
After the first call, they are added to a known caller list and get
straight through, and any robocalls at that point are blacklisted
manually. I have found that most robocallers spoof the Caller ID so
rarely call from the same number twice. It means that legitimate
callers who cannot dial 1 just have to dial again to get through to
the phones - there is a recorded message telling them to dial 1 or
call back. I haven't had a robocall since!

The hardest thing about this was extracting all the numbers of
previous callers from the CDR and adding it to the Previous_Callers
AstDB for the lookup. I didn't want to make existing callers go through
the initial learning process.

--
Best regards,
 Julian                            mailto:jb_soft at trink.co.uk