[asterisk-users] 3 locations 3 vpns

freebsd at tango.lu freebsd at tango.lu
Fri Dec 6 11:46:40 CST 2019

Hello,

I have the following setup:

Network A <==> Network B <==> Network C

   \----------------------------------------/

All 3 locations are connected with a layer2 vpn to make it transparent
with the same ip range 10.0.0.x/24.

Network A and C is close to each other and have another direct routed
tunnel 192.168.1.x/24.

I would like to route the calls between A and C on this direct tunnel.
What is the best way of accomplishing it?

The phones are older OpenStage models and only support 1 SIP server,
that would have been my first idea just to setup a secondary Asterisk on
location A or C and have the phones register on both sip servers.

My other idea would be to setup a secondary Asterisk on location A or C
and link the two with IAX. However B is strategically more important
than A or C since it has the dialout setup to PSTN. Let's say the second
asterisk is setup at C and that loses connectivity with B (while A still
have it's tunnel up), that will result both A and C are separated from B
also in this case all of A's phone traffic is routed through C.

Any ideas are welcome.