[asterisk-users] Delay on speak with Asterisk

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Dec 4 03:53:03 CST 2019

On Wednesday 04 December 2019 at 07:37:51, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Am 03.12.2019 um 19:28 schrieb Luca Bertoncello:
>
> Hi again
>
> > This delay happens on every peer, Deutsche Telekom and Messagenet, so I
> > think the problem is NOT by the Provider, but in my configuration...
>
> Maybe I got the solution...
> I see, that I had the jitter buffer active. As I deactivated it, I have
> no delay anymore.
> Unfortunately is the audio quality now a little bad than with the jitter
> buffer...
>
> Any suggestion how can I improve the audio quality without add the delay?

1. Try using codec GSM (which is pretty good quality but lower bandwidth than
alaw, which is currently the only one you are offering).

2. What is the bandwidth (upstream is more important than downstream) of your
Internet connection?

Antony.

--
Why is "dylexia" so difficult to spell, and why can I never remember "aphasia"
when I want to?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.