[asterisk-users] ConfBridge audio issues

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Mon Aug 5 15:18:02 CDT 2019

Sorry, for not being clearer.

Channel A and B added to the ConfBridge.  Same settings for both user profiles.
Channel B starts speaking.  Their audio makes it through ConfBridge to Channel A perfectly fine.

Now, Channel A speaks to reply to question asked.  Channel B's audio is fine in Wireshark trace to Asterisk box.

The ConfBridge recording has the garbled audio.
Channel A hears the garbled audio as well.

If it was network/jitter related, I would expect wireshark to indicate some jitter/lag issues in the audio from Channel B to Asterisk.  That doesn't seem to be the case.

Since the ConfBridge recording contains the garbled audio, my thought is I'm doing something wrong with the settings.
Not sure what setting would cause this.

Could it be the jitterbuffer enabled on each ConfBridge user's profile?
Could it be the dsp_drop_silence?

Oddly enough, this happened on Friday to several calls.  Over the weekend, they had no issues.  Also, today they have experienced no issues.

Additional information.
Channel A and B are using ulaw codec.
The recording in the ConfBridge is being transcoded to gsm for the recording.

Dan