[asterisk-users] Digium Phone D40 plus dialing

Malcolm Davenport malcolmd at sangoma.com
Wed Apr 3 15:58:26 CDT 2019

Howdy,

There's no way to prepend the plus character when dialing except to choose
the option to dial via URL.  But in doing so, the registered-to host won't
be appended to the dial string, so you'd have to punch in the @server after
the number.

So, no, there's no reasonable way to do what you require.

Cheers

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 6:09 PM Mitch Johnson <mitchone at reagan.com> wrote:

> This is one of those problems that kind of surprised me when it happened.
>
> We added a standalone Digit D40 phone so it could connect directly to a
> SIP provider.  All our other phones connect through asterisk to other SIP
> providers.
>
> I can dial inbound onto the phone.  On the phone it showed up as a
> +1xxxxxxxxxx.  When I try to dial outbound with the regular ten digits it
> doesn’t work.  However, when I select the call from history with the
> +1xxxxxxxxxx it works fine which I must assume that it’s expecting a plus
> before the digits.
>
> I’ve been through the phone settings and outside of the digit map I don’t
> see any place where I can do a translation and prepend the + to the
> outgoing string.
>
> The question is how do I dial using plus dialing on the Digit phone?  I’ve
> tried 00 or holding onto 0 with no success.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mitch
>
> --
> Mitch Johnson
> Sent with Airmail
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at:
> https://community.asterisk.org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

Malcolm Davenport
Digium - a Sangoma company | Senior Product Manager
Tel/Fax: +1 256 428 6252
malcolmd at sangoma.com